Friday, June 3, 2011

Canvas Brushless Art with Kids

We had a blank wall in our hallway and I really wanted to do one large artwork to add some color unfortunately there was two problems.

First I didn’t want to fork over the $$$ for a large piece of artwork

and

Secondly I’m not much of an artist so I couldn’t paint one myself.

Voila! 

Let My Kids Be The Artists!!!

DSC_0053

Here’s how we made it:

I made the frame from scrap pieces of wood by cutting two long pieces and then two smaller pieces about half the size of the long ones.  I also one more small piece that would fit snug between the two long pieces for more support.  (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the frame before I put the canvas over it)

DSC08693

I purchase a white twin size flat sheet at Wal-Mart for about $5.  I cut it so the sheet was about 4 inches wider than the frame on all sides.

Then I let the kids have at it doing whatever they wanted.  It didn’t turn out quite like I had hoped so a couple days later we had another go at it but will a little more direction to create an actual scenery. 

I asked the kids what they wanted to make, then I squeezed out the paint to resemble the item, and they spread the paint out.

Flower DSC08632TreeDSC08633SunDSC08635 The big thing I would change here is I would make a light outline of the frame so that we could keep the bulk of our picture on the part of the fabric that will actually be seen.  As you can tell we lost most of the flowers and rainbow in order to keep the tree with the handprint apples!!!

After the paint has dried just line up the frame where you want and wrap it around to the back of the frame and staple it in place.  Be sure to pull tight.  I recommend working on one end then move to the opposite end and then work on the sides.

DSC_0055 

It was definitely a five star ***** project in my book!!!

Fun, Easy, and Cheap!!!

Plus we can easily make another painting to change it up if we like.

I think the next one we make will have a beach theme to it!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online