Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Latest Projects

These are some layouts I did using the freebies I found through IkeaGoddess and used my GIMP Program (a free image manipulation program).

A new dress for Ari. I made it from a red skirt and a black velvet dress that I found at the D.I. (Deseret Industries, kind of like the Salvation Army)

Friday, December 12, 2008

Snowman Bottle

As I was giving my son some juice I took a look at the bottle and decided it would make for a cute little snowman. For this project I used juice bottles, cotton balls, maroon beads (didn't have any black ones), tumbleweed sticks, orange toothpicks, and red yarn. First I stuffed the inside of the bottle with newspaper and then topped it with Elmer's glue and one cotton ball. Then I took several cotton balls and pulled them so they weren't balls anymore. I covered the top half of the bottle with Elmer's glue and then proceeded to cover the glue with the cotton. Then I did the bottom half. I stretched another cotton ball out without making it loose it's circular shape and glued it in placed on the top, for his head. After they had dried for a little while I trimmed the tumbleweed sticks to the size I wanted the arms and attached them to the sides with a hot glue gun. I then used 3 maroon beads for each eye attaching them with Elmer's glue. For the nose I cut off the tip of the orange toothpick and placed it on the face using Elmer's glue. I then cut 3 strings of red yarn to the same size. Holding the three strings together I tied a knot at each end. Then I tied the strings around the snowman's neck. Tada, I have 5 cute little snowmen! Now I can't decide what to use for a hat or if I should leave them without hats? Hmmmm... anyone?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

From Shirt to Dress

This project is a dress that I made for Ari from an old button-up flannel shirt of my sister's and an old pair of velvet pants.

I wish I had taken a picture of the shirt before I cut it up so I could do a before and after picture for you but I didn't so here's the after:

Here's the link to the instructions I used:

From Shirt to Toddler Dress

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DVD Case Picture Collage

I've been collecting DVD cases for a while to do this project and I finally printed pictures and put it together last night. All I did was mount 4x6 pictures to some consturction paper (7 1/4x 4 7/8) and then slide it under the slip cover of the DVD case. I then (with the DVD case open) put a push pin through the plastic and closed the case. This made it really easy to hang them up so they would lay flat. If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to explain it better or do detail pictures.
I'm very proud of how well it turned out. It's probably the only wall in my house that looks well put together.

*I did not create this idea I found it in a magazine somewhere*

blogger templates | Make Money Online