This poor cover has seen it’s fare share of thrashing. In fact it was so bad that I have been using a towel between it and my fabric to protect my fabric from the the mess I made.
I finally made a new cover this weekend. I just used some fabric I had received from my Grandmother’s stash of fabric. It’s not super cute but it’ll work.
I took the old one off and used it for a pattern. I folded my fabric in half and cut it out twice so I could flip the cover over when one side gets looking bad or I have another Wonder Under mishap. I then put the original padding in-between both layers and surged the layers with wrong sides together. I also surged the original sting in so that I could use the string to pull it tight around the ironing board again.
To do this I just pinned the sting at one end and then lined it right at the raw edge of the fabric so it wouldn’t get struck by the needles. Be sure to lift up your cutter so you don’t cut your string. I just continued to hold it along the edge of the fabric as I fed both the fabric and the string through. I love it when I try something new and it works so well the first try!!!
Anyways, here it is. Not that cute but so much cleaner and no more fussing with the towel!