Friday, August 6, 2010

A little mending and a new purse!

It has been quite a while since I got a post done.  In between unpacking and vacation I have been working on a number of projects.  I have spent the last few weeks trying to crank out some of the little tasks I need to get done, but have been procrastinating.  I love to sew but I am not a huge fan of mending things.  In fact most of my Capris/Bermuda shorts are just old jeans that got holes in the knees so I chopped them up and never bothered to finish the seam again.

Some of my mending was for my husband.  He lost a button on his shorts, so I stole one from the back pocket and put it in the missing one’s place.  Then another pair of his shorts had really small front pockets so he wouldn’t wear them.  So I made an extension to the pocket and now he’s happy to have another pair of shorts to wear.

I’ve been wanting to make myself a new purse and just a couple of days after I packed my sewing machine up the idea came to me to use an old pair of pants that had these really cute zipper pockets in front and turn it into a purse.  Turns out my idea wasn’t so unique as I quickly found a plethora of blogs with tutorials.  So no tutorial on this but here’s how it turned out.

008-2

I added these cute little flowers and I got the D-rings from an old belt I never wear.

005-2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable, and is yet another great crafting idea where a pair of outgrown jeans can be recycled!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online