Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Blanket and Barbequed Pizza

Blanket

With the arrival of our baby girl fast approaching (tentatively planned for this coming Wednesday) I’ve been trying to finish up the blankets I planned to make her.  Here’s the first one that is done:

035-1

I appliquéd the picture to a purple flannel.  I tried to incorporate different textured fabrics for the appliqués.  I used flannel, fleece, corduroy, some sort of cotton with flower embellishments, silk, and minky fabrics.

036-1

The border is the same as the back of the quilt.  I just folded the back over to the front and then did a zig-zag stitch around the inner and outer edge of the border. 

038-1-2

Barbequed Pizza

So my husband had this idea about a month ago that he wanted to try Barbequed Pizza.  Not as in Pizza with BBQ sauce on it, as in cooking a pizza on the grill.  Well I finally planned it into our meals for this week.  It turned out great except for the crust cooked a little to fast and I had to move it onto tinfoil so it DSC07281 DSC07290

Ta Da!!!

DSC07292

We are a crazy crew!!!

DSC07295

1 comment:

Jennwith4 said...

Beautiful blanket! And yummy to the BBQ pizza! I made it once this summer very tasty!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online