Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Born to Party Dress

I knew I wanted to submit another entry into Lil Blue Boo/Dharma Trading Design Challenge, so I decided to make Ari a dress. I purchase a couple of t-shirts at my local thrift store and had planned using the solid portions of the pink and red shirts, but as I contemplated the saying that was on the red shirt I decided to incorporate it into the dress.

“Born to Party Forced to Work”

DSC_0012 KM

For the basis of the dress I used the Lil Blue Boo Hoodie Pattern. I shortened the length of the top and then added a simple “A” line style skirt to the top.

Ari's Red Dress KM

For the stitching I used a technique I just learned called “Flat Lock” serging. I love the extra detail it gives to the dress. (notice the stitching at the sleeve and neckline)

DSC_0017 KM

After I put the dress together I then used freezer paper and fabric paint to stencil the hearts on.

DSC_0027 KM

Ari Curtsey KM

1 comment:

Kestlyn said...

Love it! You did a great job and the stitching looks really cool. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online